I am trying out the blogger thing, with the hope that I can copy and paste this in my journal. My kids are practically grown now, I no longer suffer from what I thought was perimenopause (it was Pre - Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder, coupled with Endometriosis, and some uterine fibroids to boot). Thanks to a complete hysterectomy in October of 2019, that part of my life has improved drastically.
All 3 kids are now teenagers and my oldest is 18. She graduated high school in May of 2021 with honors from her Freedom Preparatory Academy. In a few weeks, she will begin her college adventure at BYU Idaho! I will miss her as she has grown to become one of my dearest friends. I enjoy spending time with my teenagers now! I do still have some limitations, as I still have Complex PTSD with a minor in anxiety and occasional panic attacks. I usually manage all of this pretty well with the help of my therapist, Kelly M., my medication manager Kelly W., my amazing husband Mark Laird, the prayers of many friends coupled with my regular daily conversations with my Heavenly Father, and by relying on the grace of His only Begotten Son, My Jesus.
The last several months have set me back as far as outdoor enjoyment. Christmas blues, a few scares from my mom getting sent to the hospital in January and February, my getting Covid-19, then my getting run down from the booster shot, my Esophagoscopy in late February (it was helpful to have my lower esophagus widened), then my mother's death in early March and accompanying weirdness of her final wishes.
However! Everything feels resolved at the moment. There was a nice, brief dedication of her final resting place for her ashes today by my cousin in OH (I'm in UT). I'm looking forward to playing with my family during spring break next week! I have a great family and great friends!
Hugs and love to all who might have read this!
- Susie
No comments:
Post a Comment