Friday, April 11, 2008

Welcome! (And reason for creating this blog.)

Hi! Blogging is not something I am familiar with, but I am taking a leap of faith and giving this a shot. See, I have a friend who recently lost her son. She was able to sign up and use the hospital's care pages to let everyone know what was going on with his care and, eventually, his death and funeral. It was a wonderful way for her to work through her feelings, as well as let people who cared about her know what was going on without having to repeat herself many times. Also, many of us friends were able to post loving and supportive comments, enabling us to lend support more easily, as well as support each other.

I am in a spot in my life where I could use a blog for some of the same reasons. No one that I know of is dying, however, I have my own set of struggles and challenges (as we all do). My hope is that this can be a safe place for me to share things that I am learning on this journey called life and also to update caring others as to what is going on with me, as well as receive loving, supportive, encouraging comments (and maybe even give some love and support).

Thanks for reading! - Susie

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

I think it's a great idea to take this leap of faith! I hope it becomes all that you hope for, and more! :)

Love you!

Jim Stubbs said...

Way to go susie--Sammy's life continues to impact us all. Joy

Mark said...

Congrats on taking this next step in your healing journey, sweetheart. I love you. :)

Marianne said...

I'm glad you started a blog. I haven't been doing it long but my friends say it is very therapeutic.

Anonymous said...

Great job, my friend! You are doing such amazing things. Love you!
Jen