Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We have returned

My little family and I got back on Saturday afternoon and I am happy to say that it was an enjoyable vacation. It was also quite exhausting. I am looking forward to the day when all five of us Lairds can pace ourselves, so that we can both play and relax on vacation. I do have to say, however, that we did relax more than we have on past vacations, so we are making progress. :)
I am hoping to post pictures soon. In the meantime, I have a thought I would like to share.

My goal for 2008 is to quit trying to keep all of the commandments all at once. Each day when I arise, I go to my knees in prayer and counsel with the Lord as to what I am to focus on and improve for that day. I then trust that as He and I are working on that particular area, that the Atonement of my Jesus will cover the rest of the stuff. So I "offer my whole soul as an offering to Him" (see Omni 1 :26) and in return, He lends me His perfection. Thus I am perfected in Christ. I have been much happier in the last month, since I have really started doing this. And I received a really cool insight last week.

I struggle with being critical of others in my thought processes. It is a constant struggle. I am so busy staring at other people's specks of dust (mote) that I miss the 2x4 (beam) in my own life. So . . . what I realized is that good people are strewn about everywhere on this earth and I cannot judge by appearance of first impression the heart of another, because it just might be that they are working on loving others and allowing the Lord to cover for their immodest dress or smoking habit or what have you. Basically, since I cannot figure (out on my own) what the Lord would have me work on each day, how on earth am I supposed to decide that for someone else? True sin, in my lowly opinion, is refusing to let the Lord guide your life. Knowing what He would have you do and then refusing to do it. So many people haven't been taught the fulness of the gospel yet, but live the best that they know how. This was so enlightening and freeing for me to realize. :)

Happy day to all of you - Susie

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

I'm glad you had an enjoyable vacation! YAYY!! :)

It can be so difficult to stop judgments from overtaking when we see others. Your thoughts are inspiring, and I hope to be better in this area. Thank you!!!!!!!! :)