Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pain

Post traumatic stress disorder is an interesting challenge to deal with. I find it so frustrating to be doing so well and feeling good and then to have that all vanish away in a moment, due to a seemingly insignificant event. A smell that someone else might not even notice can evoke feelings so intense that I find it difficult to even think straight. Recently, I encountered a situation in which I felt threatened. When I tried to explain to the individual what I was experiencing, I was misunderstood. We eventually ironed it out, yet for the past two weeks I have been very cautious of my interactions with others and have mostly withdrawn. I have been so lonely. I haven't even posted here, because of my fear of offending someone.

Through out all of this, I have been painfully reminded of my need for connection with my friends. I have missed my associations with my sisters. Superficial conversations alone just do not feed my soul . . . I long for those heart to heart talks. I am striving to break out of isolation this week and it is challenging! I did manage to pour my heart out to one friend about this, and I am posting here. So I am slowly coming back out. Thanks for all of your prayers in my behalf!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

I completely understand your frustrations. I'm sorry you've had to deal with this!! :\

You are taking brave steps away from the isolation - I know they aren't easy, but you are doing it! :) Yayy!!!! Love you, my dear friend!! :)

Mark said...

I'm glad that you are reaching out to others once more. It's good for you. :)

Diana said...

thanks for sharing your ponderings and feelings with me... I love you!