Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oh, the beauty

The air was sweet the trees were lush
small critters roamed the underbrush.
As childrens' laughter surfed the breeze
Such beauty brought me to my knees.

I knelt in prayer to thank my God
t'was He who made this glorious sod.
I wept in gratitude for this
vacation of such glorious bliss.

For people kind and friendships fair
The service was beyond compare!
Activities my soul did fill
and helped me to resolve my will.

To God whom I'll serve all my days!
I'll sing and shout aloud His praise!
I'll live and do and I'll become
all that He wants - exalted One!


I have been wanting to describe my experiences at Aspen Grove but just haven't felt to post a long blah blah blah blah about it. So, I got the poetry bug and, well, here you go. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mark said...

*blinks* A blog post! And a very lovely poem too. :)

Sylvia said...

beautiful!